Company holds health and hygiene as first priorities during its operations while its outmost concern is to always ensure that all shore staff and seagoing personnel execute their work under health and hygienic conditions. In order to ensure high standards of health and personal hygiene, the Company:
- complies with all applicable laws and regulations and applies responsible standards where laws and regulations do not exist;
- seeks to identify and evaluate health and hygiene risks related to its operations that potentially affect employees, contractors or the public;
- communicates knowledge about health and hygiene risks to potentially affected individuals or organizations and the scientific community;
- determines at the time of employment and thereafter, as appropriate, the medical fitness of employees to do their work without undue risk to themselves or others;
- implements programs and appropriate protective measures to control such risks, including appropriate monitoring of potentially affected employees;
- provides or arranges, as appropriate, for medical services necessary for the treatment of employee occupational illnesses or injuries and for the handling of medical emergencies;
- undertakes appropriate reviews and evaluations of its operations to measure progress and to foster compliance with this Policy;
- conducts and/or supports research to extend knowledge about the health and hygiene effects of its operations;
- provides voluntary health and hygiene promotion programs designed to enhance employees well-being and personal safety. These programs should supplement, but not interfere with, the responsibility of employees for their own health care.
Information about employees obtained through the implementation of health programs should be considered confidential and should not be revealed to non-medical personnel except at the request of the employee concerned, when required by law, when dictated by overriding public health considerations, or when necessary to implement the Drug and Alcohol Policy.
The Health Policy has the full support of Senior Management and applies to all employees of the Company.