The Company recognizing that the people ashore and onboard its managed vessels have a central role to play, respects their diversity and fosters their development and learning. In this respect the Company is committed to create the right atmosphere, open and calm so that everyone ashore and onboard is motivated and can contribute to the effective implementation of Company’s objectives. Furthermore the Company is committed neither to use nor favor forced labor or child labor and to fight, by every means available, any kind of harassment, abuse and discrimination.
The following values and principles has been established and implemented in this respect, shared among all shore based and shipboard employees at all levels:
- Company’s employees shall not conceal any identified unsafe act or event which affects or could affect human health and safety, the environment and the property.
- The Company shore staff and seagoing personnel shall carry out their duties in a professional and impartial manner. All Company employees shall act in honesty, good and fairness.
- All information regarding Company’s operations, projects, reports or any work carried out shall be treated as business confidential to the extent that such information does not conflict with Company’s policy for safety and environmental excellence and is not already disseminated or made generally available to third parties.
- Any kind of offer, gift or bribe in any form direct or indirect, including kickbacks is strongly prohibited in all Company’s operations and processes. Furthermore the Company prohibits the use of other routes or channels for provision of improper benefits to, or receipt of improper benefits from agents, contractors, suppliers or employees of any such party or government officials.
- Procurements are conducted in a fair and transparent manner.
The principles for the application of the above standards are:
- Conformity and respect for the law.
- Development of procedures and guidelines for providing direction to employees, agents and contractors.
- Relationship of trust with all employees throughout the organisation.
- Correctness in the conduct of business and Company activities.
- Reciprocity and cooperation.
- Protection and development of human resources.
- Protection of Company information.
- Positive management and external relations.
- Monitoring of the selection and the ethical behaviour of business partners.
- Maintenance of accurate books and records which properly and fairly document all financial transactions.