It is the Company’s Policy to promote Safety at sea. In order to comply with this Policy, the Company is committed to continuous efforts to identify and eliminate or manage safety risks associated with its activities.
The Company’s goal is to conduct its business in a manner that protects the safety of employees, all persons involved in its operations, customers and the public as well as to prevent all accidents, injuries and occupational illnesses through the active participation of every employee.
The Company’s goal is to achieve ZERO incidents and ZERO spills through continuous improvement.
For achieving this goal, the Company:
- complies with all applicable laws and regulations and applies responsible standards where laws and regulations do not exist;
- designs and maintains facilities, establishes management systems, provides training and conducts operations in a manner that safeguards people and property;
- responds quickly, effectively and with care to emergencies or accidents resulting from its operations, in co-operation with industry organisations and authorised government agencies;
- stresses to all employees, contractors and others working on its behalf their responsibility and accountability for safe performance whilst at work and maintains safe behavior outside of work;
- undertakes appropriate reviews and evaluations of its operations to measure progress and to foster compliance with this Policy;
- conducts and supports research to extend knowledge about the safety effects of its operations and promptly applies significant findings and, as appropriate, shares them with employees, contractors, government agencies and others who might be affected.
The Safety Policy has the full support of Senior Management and applies to all employees of the Company.